Malaysian Pepper Board (MPB) Sarikei Branch is located at BDC Industrial Area, P.O Box 279, 96107, Sarikei, Sarawak. It oversees the Pepper Industry activities covering Sarikei, Pakan and Repok areas. There are various units in this branch which have their own roles and responsibilities.
Main responsibilities of the office are:
- Carrying out Trading Activities in spot and field purchases from farmers and entrepreneurs;
- Implementing the Pepper Planting Development Programmes by distributing agricultural inputs, farm equipment and farm infrastructure assistance;
- Conducting training and extension activities through Pepper Production Courses (KTPL), Transfer of Technology (TOT) Programmes and In-Situ courses to improve farmer’s knowledge in various aspects of new techniques particularly in pepper farm management;
- Provide technical support on pepper processing and grading techniques at farm level to produce quality pepper.
- Provide Quality Control , Grading and Laboratory services
- Provide Dry and Wet Processing services
Mr. Haizora Ridis
BDC Industrial Area
P.O. Box 279,
96107 Sarikei, Sarawak