Malaysian Pepper Board (MPB) Sibu Branch is located at Lot 1152 & 1154, SEDC Industrial Estate, Jalan Teng Kung Suk, 96007, Sibu, Sarawak. It oversees the Pepper Industry activities covering Sibu, Mukah and Kapit (excluding Belaga) areas. There are various units in this branch which have their own roles and responsibilities.
Main roles and responsibilities of the office are:
- Carrying out Trading Activities in spot and field purchases from farmers and entrepreneurs;
- Implementing the Pepper Planting Development Programmes by distributing agricultural inputs, farm equipment and farm infrastructure assistance;
- Conducting training and extension activities through Pepper Production Courses (KTPL), Transfer of Technology (TOT) Programmes and In-Situ courses to improve farmer’s knowledge in various aspects of new techniques particularly in pepper farm management;
- Provide Quality Control , Grading and Laboratory services
- Provide Dry and Wet Processing and Steam Treatment services
- Provide technical support on pepper processing and grading techniques at farm level to produce quality pepper.
Mr. Fu Siang Lee
Lot 1152 & 1154, SEDC Insdustrial Estate,
Jalan Teng Kung Suk
96007, Sibu, Sarawak.