To increase pepper production and income of pepper planters.
To strengthen pepper productivity and competitiveness
To ensure sustainability of pepper industry
- to implement policies and developmental programmes to ensure the growth and availability of the pepper industry of Malaysia;
- to engage in the trading of pepper, pepper products and to expand to other spices;
- to promote or conduct research and development relating to the pepper industry and to commercialize research findings for the benefit of the pepper industry;
- to promote, control and monitor measures towards attaining high quality pepper, pepper products and other spices;
- to provide technical, advisory, consultancy and related service including training to the pepper industry;
- to gather, manage and disseminate information and maintain records of all relevant matters relating to the pepper industry;
- to liaise and coordinate with the relevant State Governments and other bodies including being members of associations within and outside Malaysia in the interest of the pepper industry; and
- to do such other things as it deems fit to enable it to perform its functions effectively or which are incidental to the performance of its functions.