Who are we in general?
Malaysian Pepper Board (MPB) is a federal statutory body under the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities of Malaysia, established on 1st January 2007 under the Malaysian Pepper Board Act 2006. MPB head office is located at Kuching, with nine branches in Sarawak and two regional offices in Johor Bahru and Kota Kinabalu. The Board is responsible for the development of the Malaysian Pepper Industry in areas of production, marketing and research.
What Is Our Visions?
Be a credible organization, and the pepper industry development at the international level.
What Is Our Mission?
Increase industry contributions to national development through pepper programmes and effective activities and excellent service.
Our strategic goals?
- To increase pepper production and income of pepper planters.
- To strengthen pepper productivity and competitiveness
- To ensure sustainability of pepper industry
- To implement development policies and programmes to ensure the growth and viability of the pepper industry of Malaysia;
- To engage in trade in pepper, black pepper products and expand trade to other spices;
- To promote or carry out research and development relating to the industry and trade research findings pepper to pepper industry benefits;
- To promote, regulate and monitor measures to get pepper, spice and pepper products-other spice of high quality;
- To provide technical services, advice, consultancy and related services including training to pepper industry;
- To collect, manage and disseminate information and maintain records of all relevant matters relating to the pepper industry;
- To get in touch and make coordination with State Governments and other bodies, including a member of the Association in and out of Malaysia in the interest of the pepper industry; and
- To do such other things as it considers appropriate to enable it to perform its functions effectively or incidental to the performance of its functions.