Quality Control branch under the Research and Development Quality Division of Malaysian Pepper Board offers laboratory analysis / testing for Malaysian pepper. MPB testing labs gained international recognition through the MS ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Ensure the quality and food security standards for pepper export at the international level are fulfilled.
- Provide an immediate, reliable and recognisable tests, for the quality and safety parameters of pepper and related products, to industrial pepper/spices;
- Work closely with the pepper industry to develope/impove value added pepper/spices products;
- Transfer relevant knowledge and technical expertise to the pepper/spices industry with the aim to assist the industry to be more competitive in the global market; and
- Continuously improve technical services to pepper/spices industry.
- Mechanical (Physical) – includes analysis of pepper samples for grading/monitoring purposes for Moisture Content, Extraneous Matter, Light Berries , Mouldy Berries in Whole Black and Whole White Pepper; Black Berries in Whole White Pepper and Particle Size of Ground Black and Ground White Pepper;
- Microbiology – Analysis to determine the Micro-organism Content in pepper samples. These includes Aerobic Plate Count, Yeasts & Moulds Count, Total Coliforms and Patogenic Bacteria such as Escherichia coli and Salmonella spp;
- Intrinsic Chemistry – Analysis for natural chemical content determination in pepper samples such as Piperine, Volatile Oil (VO), Non-Volatile Ether Extract (NVEE), Crude Fiber, Total Ash, Acid Insoluble Ash (AIA) and Aroma Profile in Pepper;
- Extrinsic Chemistry – Analysis done to determine other chemical contaminants present in pepper samples such as Pesticides Residues, Elemental Analysis and Mycotoxin.
For more information please contact:
Mr. Zehnder Jarroop Anak Augustine Mercer
Monday-Friday: 7.30 am to 5.30pm